The Roman Pantheon, which features the largest unreinforced concrete dome in the world, and the Coliseum were built over 2,000 years ago and are still standing today.
That’s a mighty testament to the durability and resiliency of concrete as a building material. And no wonder it’s the most-used, man-made material in the world for everything from roads and bridges to skyscrapers, water tanks, and parking decks.
But for all its strengths, concrete has its kryptonite. It can disintegrate, erode, corrode, and crack when exposed to the elements over time. Protecting concrete from environmental factors, like abrasion, water, and chemicals, adds to its intrinsic longevity and helps to ensure the billions of dollars in investment made in concrete annually by industries worldwide.
That’s where a polyurea coating from Ultimate Linings comes in. In many ways, polyurea was made for concrete: Its high tolerance for humidity, both from the environment and concrete substrates, as well as for temperature variations, makes polyurea an exceptionally effective protective barrier.
Engineered solutions for concrete
At Ultimate Linings, we engineer our own unique polyurea formulations for concrete and develop tailored chemistries and solutions for a customer’s specific application.
That’s a huge advantage of partnering with an ISO 9001-certified manufacturer with its own state-of-the-art ISO 17025-certified chemistry and spray lab. And we can’t say it enough—we’re the only polyurea manufacturer to have attained ISO 17025 certification, meaning our products meet the absolute highest technical and performance standards for tensile and tear strength, abrasion and impact resistance, hardness, elongation, and light stability.
We also work hand in hand with the contractors that spray and apply our polyurea coatings, providing materials, equipment and ongoing technical training to ensure that every application is done right.
Applied to concrete, a polyurea coating provides significant benefits:
Polyurea adds a multiplier effect to concrete, enhancing its performance characteristics:
- ADDED DURABILITY AND LONGEVITY—it withstands harsh weather conditions, extreme temperatures and mechanical abrasion
- WATERPROOFING—it forms a seamless, impermeable barrier that prevents water from penetrating the concrete surface
- CHEMICAL RESISTANCE—it protects against acids, alkalis and solvents
- FLEXIBILITY AND CRACK RESISTANCE—it accommodates minor movements and cracks in the concrete substrate without compromising its integrity
- FAST CURING—it cures quickly, usually within seconds, allowing for faster job completion and reducing downtime
- UV RESISTANCE—it’s ideal for indoor or outdoor applications
- ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE—it’s solvent-free and contains zero VOCs
If you build with concrete, protect your assets with a polyurea coating from Ultimate Linings. Just imagine how long the Pantheon might stand if the Romans had access to the amazing chemistries of polyurea?
Contact us today at www.ultimatelinings.com/contact. If you plan to attend WORLD OF CONCRETE later this month, visit us in Booth S13313 located in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.